In George We Trust
A(nother) blog about the most storied franchise in sports
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Back...
...but not for long.

I went on one hell of a bender this weekend to celebrate my victory over higher education (each time I go I'm more and more convinced that Vegas is nothing but pure evil in city form), but in between killing braincells it became more and more obvious that I was going to be moving to San Diego sooner rather than later.

Not to keep going on about this, but I've pretty damn miserable without Amanda these past few days despite being back in the place I grew up (the fact I won't shutup about her is enough proof of how much she means to me). I figure that it's best to make the move now before I'm locked into a lease and am still getting myself established at a new job. So after I make the rounds and visit family and friends I haven't seen for a while, I'm going to pack up the car (again) and head out west (again) to get myself setup before she comes home from her trip. I'm also gonna make a pit-stop at Tiffany's, because unless something completely unexpected happens the next few days, I'm going to ask her to marry me in the not-to-distant future (good think she doesn't read my blog, eh?).

On to baseball: Apparently I missed some dynamite pitching performances from personal fave Matt Cain, and the always-fun-to-watch Jake Peavy while I was gone, but oh well. Phil Hughes had another good outing, but not the type of dominant outing we've come to expect. He'll be fine, it's still just May.

I'll wrap up all of the minor league events from the days I was gone either today or tomorrow, but I've still got a boat load of things to take care of, so I'll see you then.
8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
won't last...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
good luck on your engagement, hope she says yes.

Blogger Mike A said...
It ain't gonna affect my decision any, but I'm curious as to why you think it won't last...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Mike: glad to have you back. I say good luck to you. Even if anon#1 is right, you can't find out unless you try. Don't worry about the naysayers, do what you feel is right, not what anyone advises.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
don't waste your money at tiffany's... get something quality from Winkjones.com... they certainly helped me before I popped the question (on very short notice)....

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Good luck dude!

You just *might* want to consider living with her a bit first; it's a completely different dynamic after school. But if you're sure, you're sure.

You'll hafta videoconference us into the wedding :)

Blogger Mike A said...
Yeah, Tiffany's might not be an option. I stopped in yesterday and I knew the place was expensive, but damn...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Mike -

I just asked my girlfriend to marry me and went through the whole picking out the ring business. The best thing to do is wait a little bit and find out what she really wants and get it for her. This may take some time, if you want it to remain a surprise, but the biggest hurdle is getting to the point where you know you wanna ask. Congrats man. I love the blog.

Best,

Mike

Some rights of this page's plain text stuffs are reserved for the author.
The Template is generated via PsycHo and is Licensed.